Happy fall! I hope these notes find you safe and dry. I don’t know about you all, but my summer was way too short. Although, I do welcome the cooler weather and changing colors. Here is what our classmates have been up to. Again, you all amaze me!

Cheri Weiss was ordained as a cantor in May from the Academy of Jewish Religion in Los Angeles. She is enrolled in their rabbinical school and hopes to be ordained also as a rabbi in May 2020.

Dave Grishaw-Jones writes: “I concluded a 16-year run as senior minister at Peace United Church in Santa Cruz. It’s been a delightful, challenging and exhilarating experience, start to finish! On Aug. 19, I’ll join my new friends at First Congregational United Church of Christ in Washington, D.C.” His new e-mail address is david.grishaw.jones@gmail.com.

Patrick Roth just released The Me in Medicine, a roadmap for making medicine better for patients and for improving career satisfaction for professionals. He will be teaching a class at the Seton Hall School of Medicine on professionalism (where he is the chair of neurosurgery). He is halfway through a master’s in public health at Columbia.

Deirdre Black and husband, Fraser, are moving to Accra, Ghana, where they will live until September 2019. She encourages classmates visiting or living in West Africa to reach out.

Andy Hollander, his wife, Dorothy, and his teenage sons, Caleb and Sam, live in Chatham, N.J. Andy is an intellectual property attorney with K&L Gates. He is president of the board of trustees of the Library of the Chathams and passionate about supporting public libraries. He also teaches patent law as an adjunct professor at Seton Hall Law School. In his spare time, he plays guitar and writes songs. Original songs and poems are at andrewmerrillcrane.com. He would love to hear from old friends and folks who care about libraries and songwriters.

Alice Jankell writes and directs theater in NYC. She is developing and directing a brand new musical by the legendary folk singer, Si Kahn. Alice and her husband, Jess Shatkin, have two almost-grown kids: Daughter Parker is currently studying in Moscow, and son Julian is an actor whose newest movie, What We Found, will be out in 2019.

Jan Elliott says: “It’s lovely living back in my hometown of Woods Hole. The summer was busy and included several music gigs, a Morris dance tour in Maine, teaching at Pinewoods music and dance camp in Plymouth, family visitors young and old, and a weekend at the Toronto Morris Ale. I’m home and ready for school to start—I teach dance and music at Waldorf School of Cape Cod—a recent highlight was jumping off the bridge into the Woods Hole channel with friends after dancing, to swim around the pier to a pub amidst bioluminescent critters and curious fish.”

David Campanelli and Catherine Maguire just graduated their son from Brown University magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, in political science and history. Younger son Keegan is a rising junior at Vanderbilt in electrical engineering. David and Cat are counting on him to take care of them in their old age. Son #3, Bryce, goes to D.C. with Hamilton Place Strategies. Cat is a WAAV volunteer, interviewing prospective students and loves it.

Until next time . . . Namaste.

Laurie Hills | lauriec@rci.rutgers.edu