Peter writes for this edition: Jim Most ’89, Joe Grasso ’86, Greg White, Jim Maynard, Phil Guidrey, Matt Nestor ’87, Jim Cashin ’89, Steven Therrien, and Jeff St. Sauveur gathered to honor the life and support the family of our friend and teammate, Greg Ballarino, who sadly passed away last spring after an illness.

Bronwyn Poole updates: “After more than 15 years in Chicago, my husband, Peter, and I have decided it’s time for a new adventure. We’re moving to Santa Fe in 2019. If anyone would like to visit, please come and experience the City Different! It will be bittersweet leaving our friends in Chicago, but we’re looking forward to hiking in the mountains from our backyard and walking to the Plaza for festivals.”

Natasha Judson writes in: “I’m preparing to lead my third trip for Williams College students to India, coming up this January for their winter study course. We will study at a Tibetan monastery in the south of India and practice Iyengar yoga next to the Ganges up north in Rishikesh, while volunteering at a school for kids living in the slums.”

Alex Bergstein was running for State Senate to represent Greenwich and parts of Stamford and New Canaan in the Connecticut legislature, and she won! “This seat has never been held by a Democrat, but it’s time for that to change. Campaigning has been an extraordinary experience because every day I get to do what I love—discuss serious issues and real solutions. I find that people are hungry for the truth and for a reason to hope.”

David Lazer shares: “I guess my big news is the release last week of my new book, Politics with the People: Building a Directly Representative Democracy. It is a reform proposal, in which we argue that the relationship between citizens and their elected representatives can be strengthened through regular (and specially structured) online town halls. It is based on a series of field experiments my collaborators and I did around online town halls, involving citizens meeting with their members of Congress. More info at politicswiththepeople.com.”

Hannah Doress: “I just started as a resource conservation climate specialist at County of San Mateo, recently cofounded the Bay Area Hub for the American Society of Adaptation Professionals and spoke at the California Adaptation Forum representing Women’s Alliance for Climate Justice. Living in San Carlos near San Francisco in Silicon Valley—come visit!”

Stuart Ellman reports, “I have gotten together with Mark Niles a few times since our sons were randomly paired as freshman roommates. Very nice coincidence.” Gail Agronick had lunch with Mark when he was dropping his son off and advises: “I really enjoyed spending a few days at Wesleyan last spring during WesFest with my daughter, Addie. The performing arts continue to thrive on campus and the food is much better than I remember!”

John Ferrara chimes in: “I had one child, A.J. ’18, graduate from Wesleyan this year, while I sent another child, Claudia ’21, into her freshman year at Wesleyan. Note to self—you do not get a family discount!”

Neil Benson and his wife, Lori Price ’87, advise their “oldest son, Oliver ’22, is happily ensconced at Wesleyan and is having a great time so far. He lives in Bennet (the new dorm where once MoCon did dwell). We can’t wait for parents’ weekend!” Neil got out of the music business and now owns a restaurant, Red Zebra, in Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. Lori is a senior VP at Cornerstone Research in NYC.

Peter V.S. Bond | 007@pvsb.org 

Hillary Ross | hrossdance@yahoo.com