Hi, guys! I’m Bud Dorsey, and I was just asked to be the new Class Secretary, so I guess you could say I’m “the new kid on the block.” My wife, Margie, and I moved from New York to St. Simons Island 21 years ago, and we love it here… nice climate, slower pace, friendly people. I am retired from the investment business and now do quite a bit of volunteer community and church work.

I had a nice conversation with Bob Birney, who preceded me as Class Secretary, and he had just returned from playing 18 holes of golf at the tender age of 90. Not bad, eh? After graduating from Wesleyan, Bob received a PhD in psychology from the University of Michigan and taught at Amherst College from 1954–1968, and then helped create Hampshire College in Amherst, Mass. He now lives in Williamsburg, Va.

We regret to report the death of Bill Anderson, who died on June 20, 2015. He was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon, and co-captain of the golf team. We extend condolences to his family.

We also regret to inform you of the death of Peter Fernald. A brief account of his life and accomplishment follows: Distinguished Wesleyan alumnus and benefactor Peter Fernald died Sept. 25, 2015, at age 86. At Wesleyan, Peter was an Eclectic, fenced and played soccer. He was awarded the Thorndike Regional Scholarship, which forged his enduring desire to support financial aid at Wesleyan. After graduating Phi Beta Kappa with a BA in English and extensive coursework in mathematics, Peter served in the U.S. Air Force. He then obtained an MA and MBA at Harvard and worked at Arthur D. Little. Peter was hired by the Chandler family, owners of the Los Angeles Times, to help them develop their affiliated businesses. He spent many years as the Times-Mirror Corp’s director of planning, overseeing strategic development and acquisitions. In 2009, Peter was interviewed and featured at length in the PBS documentary Inventing LA: the Chandlers and their Times, which highlighted the ways in which the growth of the Times-Mirror Company was tied to the development of modern Los Angeles. Peter never married, and he remained close to the Chandler family in his early retirement years, living in the hills of Pasadena, Calif.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend our 65th Reunion on Memorial Day weekend. Were any of you there? We would love to hear about it by phone, e-mail or “snail-mail.” (See addresses below.)

And, whether or not you were at the Reunion, if you are alive and kicking, we would like to hear from you…..where you are and what you are doing. So, keep in touch!

Bud Dorsey| margiedorsey5@gmail.com

161 Shore Rush Drive., St. Simons Island, GA, 31522 912/638-5616