CLASS OF 2009 | 2023 | SUMMER ISSUE

Ally writes for this issue.

Where in the world is Ben Roberts? He writes, “I’ve been residing in Stamford, Connecticut, the last two years but will be moving back to Tampa, Florida, with my youngest brother Graham in May. I’ve been leading the road warrior life, splitting my time between the USA, Philippines, Colombia, and India, while building and scaling outsourced offshore/nearshore teams. I’m in the Philippines as we speak and headed to Africa next month to begin scouting locations for the next new business in Nairobi, Kenya. When I’m not working, I’m training for the Head of the Charles Regatta WeScrew alumni event this fall. Look forward to reconnecting with fellow Wes alums at the 15-year reunion!”

Speaking of globe-trotting, guten Tag from Alex Footman.Alex is living in Berlin with his wife, daughter, dog, and two self-proclaimed “bad knees.” You can tune into world news for Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle if you want to see our classmate in action.

Hello!” from Sophie Reagan, who will always be Sophie PC in my heart. She writes, “I am still living in Washington, D.C., with my husband, daughter, and dog. I am loving life at Deloitte— not something I would have ever seen for myself as an English major—all the more so since making the change to be a chief of staff as part of our Government & Public Service Practice. In TV-watching news, I am still recovering from last week’s Vanderpump Rules scandal, and I have truly appreciated everyone’s well wishes during this fraught time.”

Happy second wedding anniversary to Kate Gavriel!She was married during the pandemic in 2021 and asked whether celebrating her second anniversary was newsworthy. I think so!!!

Christian Skorik writes,“I currently live in the Boston area with my partner and I manage a small sales team for a Canadian biotech company called STEMCELL Technologies. My days are pretty routine and I would welcome a chance to connect with any Wes alums that happen to be close by/in town for a visit. So, let this be a beacon to such folks! Reach out and I will give you a tour of my city’s excellent breweries.”

Bryan Wieland and wife Nicole welcomed their second child, the beautiful Scarlett Wieland, in mid-March. Welcome to the world, Scarlett!

Evan Coleman has a new position as a litigation attorney with U.S. Department of the Interior. He and his wife and their 2-year-old son, Reece, are getting ready to welcome a little girl next month. She will be named Robyn.

Effective September 2022, Arielle Linsky, PhD,accepted a position as assistant professor of psychology at Weill Cornell Medicine. She works as a clinical psychologist providing treatment for children, adolescents, and adults with anxiety and related disorders (among other things).