CLASS OF 1950 | 2022 | FALL ISSUE

I heard from one classmate this time. Cliff E. Milner writes:

“Hi Bud,

“Sorry I never met you while we were at Wes. I just reviewed again my latest issue of the alumni magazine and see no one sent in news for the class of 1950. In years past, I have written up short bits and had the pleasure of seeing them in print, so will try again! I feel very fortunate to show some evidence of not losing my marbles. At 94 years, I ventured out to an auto dealer and bought myself a new Subaru, which turns out to be quite a challenge as it has a vast number of special features, most of which I haven’t figured out yet! I do love the ‘passing car warning’ however. I have a pronounced case of neuropathy of the feet, and I warn friends not to be in front of me when I am driving!!

Cliff Milner

“In February, I acquired a girlfriend . . . a young 91 and we have had a great time taking boat and train excursions and attending the frequent band concerts in this area. This weekend we are going to a blue grass festival down on the Finger Lakes.

“My family is scattered but still fortunate to have some here Rochester. My youngest son (in his 60s!) lives with me and helps with household chores and purchasing food. I have been visiting my Florida families every year in June (my favorite weather time). At the moment, we are stabilized with 12 great-grandchildren. — Cliff

“P.S. Very much saddened by the loss of Len Hippler, a great friend.”