CLASS OF 2015 | 2022 | FALL ISSUE

’15ers had lots to share this round:

Kate Linde wrote in to say that she is “a bicoastal media mogul who works for Wunderkind, loves a California sunset, but can never resist taking a bite out of the Big Apple.” Kate also had updates on other Wes friends:

Alexa Burzinski is now an international art swindler at Marlborough, with ties to Mexico City and Chelsea, Manhattan. . . . Haley Keyko ’16 just got her learner’s permit . . . for the third time! She won’t drive anything but carbon-efficient vehicles. . . . As a doctor at Mount Sinai, Lauren Nelson has been preventing brain injuries by day and learning to drive ambulances at night. (Thanks for the news, Kate!)

Ming Zhu shared: “I first left Shenzhen for Middletown when I was 18, and after having been abroad (Middletown, Boston, San Francisco, Dubai, and back to Boston) for over a decade, now I’m finally back in Asia. I recently graduated from Harvard Business School with my MBA and have since relocated to Singapore to work at Innosight, a global strategy consulting firm founded by an HBS professor, Clay Christensen, focusing on innovation and growth strategy consulting. The four years I spent at Wes was the most formative period of my life so far, where I built the core of network; and that thought got reinforced once again when I moved to Singapore this June and quickly found myself having dinner and drinks with many of my Wes friends who are also based here, as if no time had passed since many of us last met. I appreciate all the friendships and this tight community, and hope we’ll continue to sustain and nourish it together wherever we might be. If you are routing through Singapore, do drop me a note!”

Jessica Seidman recently relocated to New York City, where she joined Condon & Forsyth LLP as an associate attorney in their aviation litigation practice group. She would love to connect with more Wes folk in the area, so feel free to reach out and say “hi!”

Kate Gibbel started a letterpress postcard operation in March 2022 called Send Me Press (https://sendme.press). She publishes one poem every month as a limited-edition letterpress postcard. Earlier this summer, the project was profiled in The Boston Globe! She first got the idea for Send Me Press while chatting with Virgil B. G. Taylor, James Gibbel ’19, and Alex Kelley ’13 in May 2015. Kate looks forward to seeing many of you at the five Wesleyan weddings she is attending this calendar year.

Trevor Dorn-Wallenstein said, “It’s been an incredibly exciting year for me, so it feels like a good time to send in my first class note. After six or seven long years of graduate school, I’ve successfully defended my PhD thesis in astronomy, and will be moving to Los Angeles to start a postdoctoral position at Carnegie Observatories in September. More importantly, I just got married!”

And Steven Susaña-Castillo reports that he moved to San Francisco in July 2022 and is excited for his new adventure.