Our facility recently changed television servers, and so, I have the new e-address below. My math skills were ever frail, and the upgrade from Comcast to Direct TV is a new challenge in that channel triple digits and my own fumbling digits make watching anything an adventure in exploration; and my old love for reading and writing is rekindled. The word ’writing’ reminds me that a few weeks prior to this October, I received a handsome trophy that recognizes two poems I submitted to an Atria—an arts contest—more than a year ago. The citation indicates that my modest verses “…are among the 25 best of more than 900 offerings.” Well, as Archie would put it, there’s still life in the old guy. Enough life, at least, to be invited to deliver a talk on Veteran’s Day: the history of the Tenth Mountain Division in World War II. This division is unique in the U.S. Military in that it was recruited initially through a civilian organization, National Ski Patrol. It trained for almost two years at Camp Hale, Colo., and then distinguished itself in combat during the final months of the Italian campaign. After the war, division veterans revolutionized what was essentially a rich man’s sport into what is today’s ski industry; warming climate patterns hint at future industry woes.

This was our 70th Reunion year If anyone planned any sort of on-campus festivities, I never knew of it, so I’ll be truly happy to receive a note or an e-mail to include in my next class notes. Slán go fóill!!

FRANCIS W. LOVETT | francis.lovett1@comcast.net
805 Compassion Drive, Apt. 208, Windsor, CO 80550
907/460-9338