Michael Lux is an attorney “practicing customs and VAT law in Brussels.”

Joe Murray “hunkers down in South Carolina, still coaches high school lacrosse, and misses London buddies Steve Bryant and Steve Pfeiffer.”

Pete Arenella has “lived a bi-polar life—great highs, severe lows. Now in a rural Mexican village—no paving or restaurants, partnered with Mexican soulmate. Miss my children. Son David, 35, is lockdowned in a group home. The mentally disabled community has suffered from COVID-19. Daughter Kat, 29, earned a psych doctorate and Zooms patients in Minneapolis. Hope all are safe and virus-free.”

Bill Eaton wrote, “Take heart attack and ambulance ride off the bucket list. Feeling fine and back to work. New granddaughter. Play bluegrass with the starkly amateurish Sweet Potato Fries. Does anyone at Wes remember our jugband Vulgar Boatmen?”

Stuart Blackburn “enjoys trips down memory lane with Steve Pfeiffer. A lot happened 1965–69.”

Ron Reisner is “part of an email cycle with Harry Nothacker and Mike Terry, often discussing surfing and golfing.”

Jim Drummond said, “My get rich quick scheme has been a long criminal defense career. I’m in touch with Bruce Hartman and Jeff Richards. Deb and I actually enjoy the desocialization, though one might consider significant other encounter sessions. Stay safe.”

Carl Culler “retired to a house on Lake Norman, North Carolina, to enjoy boating and fishing. Isolation is easier until pandemic passes.”

John Bach “hopes we are all well enough. Marilyn fell and fractured her shoulder. Chemo is slowing down the healing. A trifecta—cancer, fracture, virus. Lions, tigers, bears.”

Charlie Morgan “plays tennis and shops for essentials. Wife Lois got sepsis, a uti, and kidney infection. Hoping kidneys recover and she can quit dialysis. Other than that, life is good.”

Ric Pease “helps at Polly’s childcare center.”

John Hickey “enjoyed Bruce Hartman’s novel, The Philosophical Detective Returns. My law practice is limited to commitment hearings in Southeastern Massachusetts. Daughter is a clinical psychologist in California.”

Jack Meier is “saddened by Rick Ketterer’s death. There wasn’t a better person in our class. Claudia and I are moving to Bluffton, South Carolina. We will miss New England but not the politics. Looking forward to a new world. Stay safe but enjoy your lives.”

John Wilson wrote, “Cliff Saxton informed me of Terry Hallaran’s death. Sad news. Pat and I are hunkered down in Ann Arbor. I need to learn how to retire. We are grateful to be in good health.”

From Jeff Richards, “September, autumn leaves, a new school year. I remember Wesleyan. Semi-instant nostalgia, or is it just missing one’s youth? Who could have imagined a campus devoid of students 55 years ago. Wasn’t there an orange juice fast to protest the war? We elected the first Black class president. Right now we live in a polarized society. I’m busier than ever with benefits for the Actors’ Fund.” Check online for his Spotlight on Plays.

Don Luke is “looking for David A. Vaughan to help a Wheaton ’69 friend.”

Steve and Bonnie Knox “retired to Asheville where both daughters and their families are. Retirement is not what I envisioned. The world is crazy. Our families have jobs; we are together; we help with grandchildren; we cope. The presidential election can’t come soon enough.”

Catch up with Ken Kawasaki at brelief.org.

Dennis Marron and I will meet when COVID-19 allows. “A mini-reunion,” he said. “My best to you and all our surviving class members.”

Bruce and Jeanne Snapp “enjoy retirement. We’re working hard to get Democrats elected by helping with absentee ballots and polling centers. Older daughter Emily is in New Zealand where COVID-19 is controlled. Her sister Juliana is a trauma therapist in D.C. We hope for an end to the pandemic.”

Bryn Hammarstrom “RNs about 55 hours/month at Temple University Hospital. Still splitting firewood despite some aortic problems.”

Email me for Steve Mathews’ and Pete Pfeiffer’s submissions. They will make you laugh. Doug Bell said hello. Andy Gregor lives in a lovely home in Old Saybrook overlooking North Cove and the Connecticut River. If my vision could hook left 500 yards east, I could see the house from our deck.

Carol and Maurice Hakim ’70 live a short distance west on the Post Road. They’ve taken a utilitarian 1790 Dutch gambrel and made it fit for visiting royalty. Their Thanksgiving invites are coveted.

First debate last night. Quelle disaster! We hide from COVID-19. Our condo is a castle keep. On two sides water, trees and poison ivy. The front is impenetrable metal doors. A raised deck guards the rear. Overall, the feeling is of a treehouse.

Please say Rick and Terry’s names as we add them to Ed’s List.

Charlie Farrow | charlesfarrow@comcast.net
11 Coulter Street, #16, Old Saybrook, CT 06475