Sad to report the only word heard this time around was from Jean Snow, who informed us of the passing of Kip, her husband of 63 years and father of two children, Becky and John “Jeep.” Kip passed away on September 16th. I was grateful to read Jean’s comments that Kip looked forward to each issue of Class Notes and “always turned to your notes first.” I’m sure I speak for all of us by expressing sincere condolences to the family.

It’s been an interesting spring and winter season here in Florida this time around as we’ve witnessed what seems like an unusual amount of both rain and extreme heat in addition to living with the pandemic plague conditions. Activities certainly have been reduced but fortunately, my hard core of cycling buddies have continued to brave the elements in good fashion and while still riding fewer miles at a slower pace this time around, I’ve managed to record a tad more than 3,300 miles to date (09/23/2020). We do observe proper social distancing in our pace line and while we ride without face masks in accordance to local requirements, we do wear them when at rest stops. I’m more than thankful for the continued chance to socialize and exercise with great friends!

As always, I do hope these notes find you and your loved ones in good health and spirits, and I once again ask that if the chance presents itself, please drop a note this way to share with other members of the Crucial Class!

DONALD J. BRAVERMAN | ybikedon35@gmail.com
34 Southport Ln. Apt. C, Boynton Beach, FL 33436