Sarah writes this time: Hi, everyone! I hope this latest issue of the alumni magazine finds you all well. Here’s the latest and greatest from your classmates

Matt Schneider writes, “My wife, Jean Devine, and I welcomed the arrival of our first child: our daughter, Mary Louise Barnett Schneider, was born Nov. 29, at 8 lbs., 3 oz. We are calling her ‘Louise.’ Everyone is doing well, though a bit sleep deprived. Louise has been showered with many kind wishes from many of my closest Wes friends, including Arthur Magni, Jon Chesto, Jessica Kirshner, and Anne Noel Occhialino ’94, amongst many others.”

David Sommerstein and Eve Abrams are thrilled to be part of The Association of Independents in Radio’s national initiative, Finding America, which is funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and which seeks to bring a broader range of voices into public radio. Eve is an independent radio producer in her adopted hometown, New Orleans, working on the project Unprisoned, chronicling the effects of mass incarceration on her city, the incarceration capital of the world. David, the assistant news director at North Country Public Radio, is collaborating on the project Homefront, telling the stories of military families in Fort Drum, N.Y. While in Boston for a project gathering, Eve and David celebrated 26 years of friendship; they met on WOW, just before starting at Wesleyan.

Aaron Barr writes, “My wife Anner and I are finishing up our 15-month trip around the world! We’re currently in Amsterdam and will be hitting Stockholm, Iceland, and Boston before returning to Seattle in early February. Folks can read about all our adventures at NoMapRequired.com.”

Tim Olevsky music-directed a musical for the first time. His middle schoolers did a fabulous job with You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!

Isaac Kaufman writes, “I live in Minneapolis with my wife, Kim (whom Rebecca Hunt ’94 introduced me to almost 20 years ago!), two sons, Jonah (10) and Asher (6), and two dogs, Tanner and Ming. I’m the general counsel for Law Enforcement Labor Services, Inc., the largest labor union in Minnesota representing police and corrections officers.”

Jacob Bricca completed editing on The Bad Kids, a feature documentary about an unusual high school in the Mojave Desert that premiered in competition at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. He is at work on a book on documentary editing for Focal Press, to be published in the summer of 2017.

Ivan Sheldon writes, “My company, HERE, was recently purchased by a consortium made up of Audi, BMW and Mercedes. I have been with the company over a decade and we’ve expanded from providing relatively simple maps for navigation to helping car companies with autonomous driving and supplying complex geospatial solutions to fast-moving West Coast firms like Facebook and Amazon. Before I had kids I was responsible for mapping Latin America and APAC, but now that we have three kids I stay in Chicago as much as possible. I still go to Berlin frequently and would be happy to connect with alums there.”

After three years of commuting from the hills of Litchfield to Hartford, Jaime Bachrach left Day Pitney in August 2015 to join the “family” wine business as head of operations at The Wine Trust and affiliated companies. She enjoys her new, mainly non-legal role; Tim Clew is happy to be able to focus on growing the business and bringing in new clients. Occasionally, Tim and Jaime put their daughters to work at the office, but Logan (12) is busy applying to high schools for the fall. Both Logan and Esmee (9) play soccer year-round and race with a local alpine ski team in the winter, which keeps the entire family active and busy.

Dave Davis writes, “After nine years at Paramount, I will be moving over to Fox to manage their international digital transactional business. On a personal note, Lynne, Ella (11), Audrey (9) and I moved to Manhattan Beach a few years ago; we love living in a beach town! There are actually a lot of great white sharks here, but they don’t seem to be very hungry.”

Thanks to those of you who sent in news! Keep it comin’!

Suzanna Henshon | suzannahenshon@yahoo.com

Sarah Estow | sarah_estow@hotmail.com