CLASS OF 1943 | 2014| ISSUE 3

With football in the air, it’s obvious that summer is just about over, and I hope that you had a good one!Speaking of football, I’m reminded of our freshman year of 1939, when Jack Blott’s team won the Little Three Championship and we tore down the goal posts at Amherst. Here’s hoping that Coach Mike Whelan ’83’s Cardinals can repeat last year’s outstanding season and win it again this year!Gene Loveland writes: “Good to hear from you. Forty days from my 94th birthday and feeling good. No more trips, though. I’ve had my fill of airlines. Still busy with my two-page biographical sketches of newcomers and my four putting tournaments. Two of our residents here have sons who were graduated from Wesleyan: last names are Ling and Clutterbuck.I received a nice letter from my old Montclair High buddy and Clark Hall “roomie,” Dick Ferguson, in which he says, “It’s always good to hear from you. Hope all is well with all of yours. Give Bob our best. Not so perfect with Marge. She had a fall on the stairs of Pals Cabin last January which brought on the issues of shingles and she still has an aftermath which we are hoping will end! The family is all well. Gordie has moved to Kiawah, S.C., and is running a dental clinic there. David is doing a great job taking care of my old office. Daughter Kim drops in to see us when going to and from their summer place in Rhode Island from Philadelphia. She is in the education field there. Doug is in New York, quite busy making kilts for many people in New York and London. It would make me happier if I could be out playing golf. I do get to ride my bike frequently.”Candy Molina Ferguson wrote, “My dad, F. Edward (“Muzz”) Molina passed away on Sept. 17, 2014, one week after meeting his hero, Coach Michael Whalen ’83. Dad was a retired businessman living in New Milford Conn.”Keep me posted on any news that’s of interest.Frederick P. Appleton
100 O’Brien Court, Suffolk, VA 23434

Intern at the Wesleyan Office of Communications for Spring and Summer 2015. Currently working towards meeting the requirements for an Economics and Government dual major. A Wesleyan Posse Veteran.