CLASS OF 2010 | 2023 | SPRING ISSUE

Greetings Wesleyan community! I hope you enjoy the following updates from the Class of 2010:

Syd Berkman contributes: “I just finished a PhD in behavior analysis at Western New England University. After many years of grad school and 12 years working in special education at the New England Center for Children, I’m taking what I’m calling a #sydbattical with my adventure dog, Buster. The loose plan is to travel around the U.S. then through Latin America (without Buster): backpacking, bikepacking, kayaking, sightseeing, and adventuring however I can. I’ve seen a few Wes friends—Justin Spring, Sam Kurtis, and Amy Lum—and I hope to see others! Undetermined where I’ll end up afterward. If you’re anywhere in the eastern two thirds of the U.S., in Costa Rica, or somewhere in the Andes, I’d be thrilled to meet up!”

Abby Blake and Chris Foley were married this past August in Portland, Maine, with lots of Wesleyan friends in attendance, including Anne Rosenthal, Charlie Kurose, Megan Nash ’09, Jamie Pesuit, Dan Charness, Jane Nestler ’12, Rick Maynard ’11, Julia Heffelfinger ’11, and Craig Ewer.

Abby and Chris also welcomed their daughter Sadie Blake-Foley on November 5th—their 13th dating anniversary! Congrats to Abby and Chris!

Thanks as always to those who contributed and, as always, feel free to pass along notes anytime at DavidALayne@gmail.com.