CLASS OF 2006 | 2023 | SPRING ISSUE

It was good to hear from several ’06ers.

During summer 2022, Tyler M. Franklin was promoted to partner at Rubin and Rudman LLP. At the practice he advises clients on land use, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues. He is a member of the firm’s Environmental, Litigation, and Real Estate Departments.

And while one is settling into a legal career, another looks elsewhere. Daniel Dykes has retired early from big-law-firm life, and spends his time studying languages, hiking, traveling, and catching up on the books he previously hadn’t had time to read since he started law school more than a decade ago.

Life celebrations are taking place too. Conor Galvin reports he is “getting married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, in December to Samata Narra. Wes alums, Warren Clanton, Quincy Francis, Jimmy Koutroumanos ’05, and Khalia Frazier ’07 will be there.” And on a vacation to France in August 2022, Jesse Young proposed to his girlfriend of five years, Michele Viterise. They plan to get married in fall 2023 in Washington, D.C., where they both live!

In the realm of education, Kate Angell was hired as associate professor and assessment-data management librarian at the City University of New York (CUNY). And Mara Baldwin has “taken a new teaching position teaching drawing at Bard College, where I’ve joined my partner, Sarah Hennies, with our child, Ellis, born in June 2019. I’d be happy to connect with other Wes alumni in the Hudson Valley! In June 2023 I’ll have a solo show at the Everson Museum in Syracuse.”

Also on the East Coast, Julia Kleinman Horowitz shared, “I welcomed my third baby, a girl named Lily, in 2021. My older two children are Charles (five) and Arielle (three). After living in Los Angeles for many years, I relocated closer to Wesleyan and now live in Greenwich, Connecticut. I am vice president and head of content at Epic, the leading digital book platform for kids that grants free access to a 47K library to all students and teachers.”

Erin Glaser wrote: “I now live in the Philadelphia area with my husband Scott and two children Ivy (eight) and Otto (four). Ivy plays on a wheelchair basketball team known as Katie’s Komets. The team is always looking for new team members. Anyone between the ages of six and 18 with a physical disability is welcome to come and try it out. I’m happy to answer any questions folks have about the sport and team. It is very fun and inclusive!

“I was recently appointed to the Abington School Board in Pennsylvania. I am now one of nine school board directors. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and serve the community. I just celebrated my one-year anniversary at Veeva Systems as the talent development program manager. In my role I get to design and deliver training for our over 6,000+ global team. My role focuses on leading training in areas such as leadership development, DEI, coaching and feedback, and building healthy teams. It has been a fun and fulfilling role. We are hiring all the time so if you know of anyone interested in a remote opportunity with a very healthy and growing tech company please reach out.”

Hannah Gay Keao had a lot of challenges and wins this year, from fighting to pass an open-carry ban as a city councilwoman (which passed!) to managing her then 18-month-old through Guillain-Barré Syndrome and multiple hospitalizations this summer. She is so grateful to all her Wes friends for their support, especially Jackie Asadorian Fishbein, Megan Lesko Pacchia, Marianne Reyes Lima, Maggie Elliott Martin, and Allison Joe Offutt who helped Hannah and her husband Brandon so much through the summer. Everyone is healthy and home now!

And finally, Andrew Flint has been disputing a nonsense eBay claim from a sketchy seller, but he’s enjoying nearly every moment of life. At least two out of five moments, which he considers legit. While living in the middle of nowhere he’s developed a satisfying relationship with the various restaurants surrounding him. Just last week he devoured a fish and chips dinner so decadent that it would have made Tallulah Bankhead and Mata Hari blush, probably at the same time. He welcomes your texts. 413.822.1456. “Hit me up if we were friends way back when.”