CLASS OF 2021 | 2022 | SPRING ISSUE

Bryan Chong writes: “Right after graduating, I served as communications director on the campaign of fellow Wesleyan alum Alicia Strong ’18, for mayor of New Britain. Then, I came back to Wesleyan in October 2021 as the civic engagement fellow for the Allbritton Center! In addition to that work, I serve in the leadership of the Central Connecticut chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America’s electoral wing, and have continued to do communications work for progressive candidates, such as another Wesleyan alum, Andy Gottlieb ’14 for state house.”

Virginia Sciolino says: “Right after graduation, I moved to Jackson, Mississippi, to work at the Foundation for the Mid South as part of my summer program as a SELI (Southern Education Leadership Initiative) fellow with the Southern Education Foundation. I interviewed education leaders in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi about regional equity issues, and I also put together some research about workplace practices and LGBTQ+ inclusion. Afterward, I moved home to Hattiesburg, Mississippi, where I am currently interning for Tangi Carter, a public defense attorney, and working as a waitress at the same restaurant where my sister is a chef! I am so grateful that I was able to bring some of my knowledge about equity, labor history, and social change back to my home state, where I’ve also been able to connect with some of the Wes alums who are in the region!”

Gayon Yang shares: “I recently read Hope’s Boy by Andrew Bridge. Highly recommend.”

Edward Yanez says that he is “conducting research on Latin American history at Columbia University. My undergraduate thesis was published in the Journal of the Oxford University History Society, XV edition, and can be accessed at: https://www.ouhs.org/_files/ugd/a8b8e6_dca4eeff1738460092f11f4536fddac3.pdf.”

Nicole Adabunu writes: “I have been signed to the Hollywood talent agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA); it’s the same agency that represents celebrities like Beyoncé, Viola Davis, Will Smith, and more. CAA will be representing me as a writer in their Publishing, Books, Television, Podcasts, and Movies division!”