Hi Class of 2011, hope this finds you healthy and well in a year that has proven to be full of challenges. See our class updates below. 

Lots of new additions to the Wes Family! Ilaria O’Keefe informs us “I gave birth to baby #4 in February, we bought our first home in August, and I continue to work as a birth doula, homeschool our kids, study herbal medicine, and direct and sing music in upstate SC.” Katie (Colasaccco) Rowan writes, “On July 24th, Allie Rowan and I welcomed our son, Nico, into the world! We’ve been settling into the whole parenting-during-a-pandemic thing as best as we can, and Nico’s been a real joy to watch change and grow over the past two months.” Last but not least, Julian Sonnenfeld and his wife Gia had their first baby on July 20, 2020. Grant Jonas Sonnenfeld was born at a heavyweight 9 lbs 13 oz in Charlotte, North Carolina. Julian writes “Grant and Gia are doing great, hopefully a future Cardinal!”

In more exciting news, Alexandra Furnas writes, “I got married to Amy Cesal, just completed a PhD in American politics from University of Michigan, and started as a postdoctoral scholar at the Center for Science of Science and Innovation at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.” Laura Heath Stout is also continuing her education as a new postdoctoral fellow in the writing program at Emory University. She is excited to report she just got a book contract with Routledge for her first book, provisionally titled Identity, Oppression, and Diversity in Archaeology: Career Arcs. Congrats Laura!

Charlotte Cerf writes “my fiance and I are moving to the Burlington, Vermont area as both of our jobs in tech can be done fully remotely.”

As always, thanks for the updates and look forward to continuing to hear from all of you. Stay healthy Class of 2011!

Allie Southam | asoutham@wesleyan.edu