Hi, everyone—We hope this round of class notes finds you safe and healthy during this challenging time. That said, we are happy to hear that ’04 continues to have positive updates to share. Some highlights include:

Ashley Elia Weller is living in Columbus, Ohio, and works part-time as a per diem veterinarian for the past year-and-a-half and loving it. She writes, “Since the pandemic hit, I have become a full-time stay-at-home mom to our 4-year-old and almost 2-year-old as a result of our daycare closing. Quarantine with two young kids has been nothing short of busy! We feel very fortunate to be home and safe and healthy. We are sending love and healthy wishes to all our Wes friends and family all over the country.”

Jessie Silbert tells us that two years ago she moved from New York where she was working as a fashion designer since graduation to Portland, Ore. “I will be receiving my master’s degree in sports product design from the University of Oregon this June (on Zoom)!”

Meanwhile, Michael Aylward tells his: “I’ve been living in San Francisco for almost seven years now, though it’s gone by fast. Working on partnerships at an internet security company (Cloudflare) in an exciting period of growth, and with a lovely culture. And working on climate and energy politics in my own time (as I used to do full-time). Looking forward to being able to see friends and Wes folks when we can all get together again.”

Also sharing some exciting news, Jenna Flateman Posner: “My family and I are still in the Philadelphia area. We just celebrated, on Zoom, the first birthday of our third son Ezra.” The celebration of Ezra is a special one, as Jenna and her wife, Saburah Flateman Posner, call him their “rainbow baby.” He joins his twin brothers, Judah and Levi. Saburah tells us: “Another thing that’s super special about Ezra’s birth is that I carried the twins (genetically mine), but Ezra, on the other hand, came from Jenna’s egg and I had the privilege of carrying him, as well!” Kudos to the happy, growing family!

On the work front, Jenna also tells us: “I’ve just passed the year mark as VP of digital for Snipes (snipesusa.com), a global streetwear company based in Europe expanding quickly to the U.S. While I’m managing a digital practice through this interesting retail climate, I’m also managing a construction crew through a house build. It’s been a rough process, but at least we’re staying busy, safe, and relatively sane through this pandemic. I hope all are well.”

Amy Meyerson was promoted to associate professor at the University of Southern California’s Writing Program. Her new novel, The Imperfects, was published on May 5 by HarperCollins/Park Row Books. She also welcomed her first son in October.

We also heard that Colin Bumby is joining Kramer Levin’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity practices as a partner in New York. He’s joining from McGuireWoods LLP, where he was a partner.

We’ve also learned that Florida business law firm, Berger Singerman, is pleased to announce that Andrew Zelman, partner and member of the firm’s Dispute Resolution Team, has been recognized as a 2019 South Florida Business Journal 40 Under 40 award honoree. He was presented with the award at a luncheon last August at Jungle Island in Miami.

That’s about it for this round. Wishing you all the best during this time.

Jenina Nuñez | jenina.nunez@outlook.com

Meeghan Whooley Ward | meeghan.w.ward@gmail.com