Greetings from Brooklyn! As I write this, summer is fading to fall, kids are back to school. My youngest just turned 15. I haven’t had a 15-year-old in 15 years! That makes my middle one 30. They both came to our 25th and were featured in a bunch of pictures back then, when they were 2 and 17, because they were so gosh-darn cute. Still are, albeit differently. Where does time go? I remember my psych stats professor—I don’t remember his name, but I remember him—saying back then: “Every year, the freshmen get younger and younger.” At this point in my life, I can definitely relate.

Debbie Mueller acknowledges that it’s been quite some time since she’s checked in and that she enjoys hearing what’s up with all of you. “I’ve been living in Durham, N.H., for about 14 years, and am still practicing OB/GYN full-time. My passion these days is for oil painting. Having lived my entire life believing I had no artistic ability, three years ago, an accidental experience with painting turned my world upside down. Since then, I have immersed myself in the world of painting, and am now an award-winning artist, creating graphic and bold landscape paintings inspired by the New Hampshire and Maine coast. I’m hoping to leave the world of medicine as soon as I can swing it to be a full-time artist.”

David P. Miller is “doing a rotation at NSF as a program officer for robotics in the robust intelligence group and managing the National Robotics Initiative. Except for the weather, Alexandria, Va., bears little resemblance to Norman, Okla. Cathryne and will probably be here until August 2021. “

David adds that his son, Jacob Milstein ’09, “is doing music, improv, and Segway tours in Nashville. His album, As Free as Wanting Anything, is musically accessible to me, and probably you (not just his parents, to whom everything he does is outstanding). jacobmilstein.bandcamp.com.”

David Smith reports that he “recently moved to a new position with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Pacific Southwest Region as assistant water director. Working in EPA these days is ‘interesting,’ and we are doing everything we can to stay true to our mission to protect human health and the environment. I am doing a great deal of work on U.S.-Mexico border water issues so I’m seeing a lot more of the border, with and without fences, than I ever expected. In my spare time I’m making progress with my wife, Stacey, in our quest to visit all of the national parks (about two-thirds of the way there), experience as many weird land art installations as we can, and catch as much live music as the wallet allows.”

Delcy Fox loved getting together again with InTown 21 housemate Dr. Jim Sullivan ’82!

Alyson Myers is researching ocean-based climate solutions with funding by DOE ARPA-E. Her team uses macroalgae (sargassum) for CO2 removal and repurposing.

In 2017, Hurricane Harvey flooded 18 inches of water in Peter Gryska’s house. “After 22 months of temporary living with my wife, two dogs, and all remaining belongings in 1,000 square feet, I have moved into newly constructed home, 42 inches off the ground.”

John Hester is retired and enjoys his time traveling. He resides in Goose Creek, S.C.

After serving 26 years as a psychologist in the federal prison system, Kate “Kathy” Freiman-Fox retired three years ago “to a big career change when I created my own matchmaking and date-coaching company, Authentic Connections. I’m loving my second career as well as my husband, son, and dog. Still doing alumni interviews for Wesleyan here in North Carolina and (at the time of this writing) missing the New England summers.” She adds, “Best wishes to the Class of 1981!”

That’s all for now, fellow and approaching sexagenarians. When you receive this, it will be a bit more than a year before our 40th Reunion. Yikes!

David I. Block | david.I.block@gmail.com

Joanne Godin Audretsch | Berlinjo@aol.com