Molly Bruce Barton highlights: “I raised $4.5 million in venture capital for my company, Serial Box. Announced a partnership with Marvel to release original stories based on Black Panther, Jessica Jones, Black Widow, and Thor. And my husband, Jack Turner, and I had a second child. My daughter, Sylvie Ray Violet Turner, was born Feb. 8.”

After completing another degree (in engineering), Shawn Green has entered the field of renewable energy, working as a solar energy consultant (representing Sunpower) for homeowners in Berkshire County, Mass.

Cindy Chen writes, “After spending most of my career in health care communications and STM publishing, I pivoted three years ago to work in technology and now I’m  a manager of the ITS project management office at Weill Cornell Medicine. In that role, I was first-author for two papers about clinical research informatics. Definitely not what I’d thought I’d publish back when I was an English major at Wes!”

Matthew Freeman says, “My wife Bethany Caruso ’03 and I welcomed our second child, Olin Wilder, last May. I’m a faculty member in the department of environmental health at Emory University in Atlanta, conducting research on water and sanitation access and enteric infection.”freemanreserachgroup.org

Anna Holland Edwards updates, “Erica Grossman and I just won a case in the 10th Circuit related to police brutality. We are law partners in Colorado and do civil rights litigation. We still have to go to trial and see what happens, and they could ask the Supreme Court to reverse, but this is such a hard area of law to get good law made in these days that I thought we’d share!”

Diana Chuke writes, “Miracle In The Green has finally launched a beauty line. These products change lives, as we strive to empower women across the globe. We offer grants that sustain women-owned businesses. We also give scholarships toward education for less priviledged children. Support us at miracleinthegreen.com.”

Susan Sakash writes, “I’m celebrating six years of living in New Orleans and five of being married to Casey Coleman. We are truly in the land of Wesleyan with friends who span the graduating classes of 1992-2012. Dana Hale and I celebrated our 40th birthdays last September with our families and a bunch of friends including Jason Schwartz, Melissa Stevens and Rob Debbane, Chloe Garcia Roberts, and Mara Voukydis ’01 on beautiful land and a swan-infested pond in Little Compton, R.I. In addition to being deep in the throes of raising 2.5-year-old Levon Alan Danger Kashman, I’m still playing brass music and am in three or four bands, depending on the season, here in New Orleans. I’m about to start The Next Economy MBA, a program designed to help entrepreneurs and consultants learn business fundamentals from a regenerative economy approach.”

Paley Dreier is the president of Type Network. Previously, he served as the general manager of Type Network for two years and of Webtype for six years. In his new role, he will manage all aspects of the business, focusing on content strategy, enterprise and multinational licenses, and custom design projects on behalf of the foundry partners.

A.J. De Ases Hernandez Anderson is living in Miami with her husband Mauricio. Daughter Sienna just finished kindergarten and son Ronin just turned 2. A.J. left her commercial litigation and employment law practice of nine years to join the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Immigrant Justice Project as a senior staff attorney. A.J. is working on impact litigation cases regarding immigration enforcement and immigrants’ rights in the south with a focus on Florida issues.

Scott Fairchild was named the executive director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. He will be leading the work to get Democrats a senate majority in the 2020 elections.

Stephanie Eddy Popescu writes from the Upper West Side, where she lives with her husband, Tudor, and two daughters. Clara is 7 and in second grade at PS 333. Natalie is 4, taking pre-K by storm. “I’m thrilled to have joined Glossier as director of programs last summer, and am immensely proud to be part of this innovative beauty company.”

Jenessa Joffe writes, “I’m living in Los Angeles directing films and video content. Last year I directed a comedy and social activism web series called Radical Cram School for comedian Kristina Wong. The series is on YouTube and distributed by women’s comedy platform, WhoHaHa. We successfully crowdfunded for a second season which we are making this year. I’m also collaborating with Amanda Palmer ’98 on a documentary that ties in with her current album. In December, I got married to a wonderful guy named Jim who happens to have grown up right near Wesleyan.”

Avery Esdaile | wesleyan2000@gmail.com