Hello from frigid Chicago! Just a couple of weeks ago, I ran into Edward Siskel, City of Chicago’s corporation counsel, at a Chicago law department panel presentation. Earlier in the fall, one of my cases brought me to D.C., where I met up with my dear friend, Peter Chandler, the chief of staff to Congresswoman Debbie Dingell. It was so wonderful to see him and catch up—we picked up where we left off. Other than work, my daughters, Sarah and Norah, keep me busy. They turned 9 in March!

Chuck Berger writes that he is living in Kununurra, Western Australia, with his partner, Christy, and sons, Tom and Leo. He manages a legal services clinic covering the remote Kimberley region—an area roughly the size of Texas, with the population of Galveston. Reach out to him at: charles_d_berger@hotmail.com.

Jonathan Kirsch is spending one year in Cali, Colombia, with his family doing a sabbatical and teaching at a public medical school under a Fulbright grant. He invites us to check his blog at drkirschsabbatical.wordpress.com.

Tanya Bowers updated us by saying that she and her husband, Martin Valadez, traveled to Thailand to celebrate the nuptials of Richard Yu and Taymee Jirachotramee, with Tnyetta Holder Mitchell ’93 and Max Mitchell ’92.

The wedding of Jim Reilly ’94

Sid Espinosa writes, “Last August we had a wonderful Wesleyan reunion at the nuptials of Jeff Reilly and Chris Schmicker. The spectacular Hawaiian setting, beautiful ceremony, and fun celebrating were enjoyed by me, John Dudzinsky ’96, Josh Lockwood ’93, Sarah Morgan, and David Niles.”

Greg Schwartz is a gastroenterologist living and working at Mid-Valley Gastroenterology in beautiful Corvallis, Ore. He is married and has three children (12, 10, and 7). Greg wants “any Wes folks living in Oregon please give [him] a shout!”

Tonya Ward Singer continues to work for equity in K-12 public schools across the U.S. and Canada. Her new book EL Excellence Every Day: The Flip-to Guide for Differentiating Academic Literacy (Corwin, 2018) helps K-12 teachers be effective in linguistically diverse classrooms. Tonya is the mother of two boys, lives in Santa Rosa, Calif., and writes that “we are all very grateful our neighborhood survived the October 2017 wildfires that ravaged our region.”

Sasha Chanoff lives in Somerville Mass., with his wife, Marni, and two children, Hayden (9) and Lailah (7). He is in his 12th year of leading RefugePoint, the organization he founded to find solutions for the world’s most at-risk refugees. He co-authored a book recently, From Crisis to Calling: Finding Your Moral Center in the Toughest Decisions. Sasha writes that “among the great joys of my life are coaching my son’s soccer team and reading to my daughter.”

Kate Foster is a Presbyterian minister, but currently serving as the executive director of a service learning program in Baltimore, Md. She is married to Andrew Foster Connors (22 years and counting!) and their daughters are 13 and 16. They have started the college search with the older daughter—and yes, Wes is on the list! Kate says that she loved it when they visited this past fall.

Becky Hunt is an ob-gyn in Portland, Maine, at Maine Medical Center. Her son is in middle school and her husband, John (Bowdoin ’94), is writing a book about the Civil War. She’s learning roller derby with Sarah Mount ’20 and trying out for the Fresh Muscle program in June.

Samera Syeda Ludwig | ssludwig@nixonpeabody.com

Caissa Powell | cdp2000@hotmail.com