Class of 1962 Endowed Wesleyan Scholarship Fund

Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez ’18, Economics, Minor: Data Analysis

Lindsay Childs writes that items in the last issue of the alumni magazine reminded him “how much having been at Wesleyan continues to influence my life.” The notice of Richard Winslow ’40 passing reminded him of his “amazing” experiences as a member of Professor Winslow’s chapel choir, and how “after a five-year grad school gap, I began singing in a chorus again and have continued to do so ever since.” A photograph of Robert Rosenbaum “featuring his memorable smile” reminded him of Professor Rosenbaum’s College of Quantitative Studies, where he says, “I had my first real success in mathematical research, and went on to be a professor of math at UAlbany (SUNY).” Lindsay writes, “I’m still doing and publishing mathematical research, six years past retirement. Thanks, Bob!”

Robin Cook’s son Cameron, a senior at Boston University Academy, will attend Wesleyan in the fall. Robin thanks John Driscoll for being very helpful with the application process.

Doug Sperry, a “technical” member of the class of ’62, left Wesleyan during our sophomore year after getting married, but writes, “I do remember my time there fondly.” He earned his BA from UConn, then a BA from the Hartford Seminary Foundation, which led to service for six years as pastor at the Union Chapel on Fisher’s Island, after which he became executive director of the Southeastern Connecticut Chapter of the American Red Cross. A second marriage—to a “visiting English school teacher from Germany”—led to his moving to Bremen, Germany, in 1978, where he became an English instructor at the local Berlitz School and he has had a career in language development. He writes, “We do manage to get back to the States almost every year,” and he is in regular contact with his three sons from his first marriage.

DAVID FISKE | davidfiske17@gmail.com
17 W. Buckingham Dr. Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971