Dear Classmates, hope you’re all well and I encourage you to send a note any time on your activities for this column.

I was on campus recently for only the second night football game at Wesleyan (both versus Tufts), and it was an incredible win for the Cardinals, as they scored with six seconds to go in the game and won it in overtime!

Now to the news: Rob Abel remains as productive as ever. His work on eye health is included in a new book featuring articles by experts in both traditional and integrative medicine (David Rakel’s Integrative Medicine, 4th Edition). Rob helped create a statewide free eye exam/eye glass program in Delaware that he will take to Qalqilya, on the West Bank of Palestine, this summer.

Charlie Bassos writes that he has been “retired for 17 years and now majoring in golf where my age curve is dominating my improvement curve resulting in ever higher handicaps. Every swing hurts either my body or my ego. Living in South Carolina, equidistant from Savannah and Hilton Head. We return to Michigan every summer. Son and two daughters married; two grandchildren, ages 6 and 7 months, and another due soon. Life is good, although I find myself spending more and more time each day stretching and working out at the gym to keep this old body from seizing up and coming to a full stop. Zoe and I now working on our 38th year of marriage. We figure we both qualify for sainthood.”

Bill Trapp writes from Dublin that he and Marilyn are “celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary by spending a month touring Ireland and Scotland. Having a great time.”

John Dunton writes from France that he and Carol are enjoying their stay in a chateau owned by a relative of a family—who is staying at the Duntons’ home near Boston. In fact, Carol is singing in a chorus assembled to perform in a wedding there (La Rochelle). All a result of the Duntons’ participation in the “stay-at-our-home-and-we’ll-stay-in-yours” program with families in Europe. He highly recommends it!

Congratulations to Amertat Cohn who had a very successful exhibition (Capturing Life, Insight in Simplicity) of his photographs at the Montserrat Gallery in New York City in September.

Please write—and all the best!

Philip L. Rockwell | prockwell@wesleyan.edu