Here are a few updates from the Class of 1983:

Andrea Corney '83 and Chris Carneghi wedding
Andrea Corney ’83 and Chris Carneghi wedding

Kirsten Wasson has been living in LA for three years, and works at a progressive high school as college counselor and internship coordinator. Her son, Noah, also moved to LA, and is acting and modeling. Kirsten is hiking, swimming, and writing. She traveled to Guatemala this fall.

Holly Gruskay writes, “I’ve been busy this summer juggling my kids’ sports activities as well as working to pay for it all. Son Seth Halpern finished out his high school swim teams with wonderful times, and just left us to study at RPI’s School of Science. Daughter Sofie Halpern is in recruiting mode for girls’ ice hockey…mostly to engineering schools, as well as NESCAC (yes, Wesleyan, you’re on the list!). We’ll be spending virtually every weekend this fall in Boston’s NEGHL league.”

Eve Silverman writes, “I know it’s been many years since I’ve submitted notes. I’ve been hit with a spell of nostalgia having just dropped off my firstborn at college. I’m approaching my 20th wedding anniversary and my 30th graduate school reunion, yikes. Old, yes, but happy living a split existence between southwest Connecticut and Mad River Valley, Vermont. Hope everyone is well!”

Cheri Weiss, former class secretary, supplies us with an update. She has been featured in the San Diego Union Tribune about her work as a cantor-in-training, bringing High Holy Days prayers and songs to shut-ins. Find a link to the article on the online class notes section at classnotes.blogs.wesleyan.edu.

Mini-Wes Reunion. From L to R:  Frank Moll '84, Melanie Peters '83, Dottie Jankowski, Taya Glotzer '83, Michael Sommer '83, Diana Moll, Peter Jankowski "83
Mini-Wes Reunion. From L to R:  Frank Moll ’84, Melanie Peters ’83, Dottie Jankowski, Taya Glotzer ’83, Michael Sommer ’83, Diana Moll, Peter Jankowski “83

Andrea Corney writes, “I finally have an update! Late bloomer that I am, on Aug. 20 I got married for the first time. My sweetheart is Chris Carneghi. His hair is so short because it all fell out during chemo. We were married at my parents’ retirement community in Saratoga, Calif. The great thing about getting married this late in life is that you can wear comfortable clothes and enjoy the day because you realize that as long as every guest feels welcomed and included, the day is perfect, even if none of the details are. We are savoring every day and hoping the chemo and radiation did the job.” For a photo of the wedding, see the online class notes.

Taya Glotzer attended a Wes reunion this summer in upstate New York at the Jankowski’s summer home. She was joined by Frank Moll ’84, Melanie Peters, Dottie Jankowski, Michael Sommer, Diana Moll, and Peter Jankowski.

Lastly, Sue Spaulding has photos from the Fort Bragg, Calif., Labor Day parade.

Laurie Hills | lauriec@rci.rutgers.edu

Class of 1983: The Stuff of Which Legends are Made.