Dear Classmates, thanks to those responding to the request for news!

Class conveners Mark Edmiston and Hugh Wilson write: “Although we have nothing planned for Homecoming 2016, we hope to meet at Reunion 2017. We’d like to consider the following opportunities for the class to pursue:

• East Africa safari trip centered on Kenya combining sightseeing with time at Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO).

• Cuba trip focused on higher education and the opportunities for ’65 to assist students there. We also talked about a $100,000 scholarship endowment to fund a Wesleyan student’s study in Cuba.

• Fund the compilation of a directory of alumni willing to mentor students in various ways.”

They add, “These are not mutually exclusive and feedback is encouraged. Also, detailed information would be available at the meeting.”

Bill Trapp writes, “Marilyn and I, the three kids, and eight grandkids are all doing fine, and I am headed out this morning for a round of golf. Could it get any better? We are enjoying some crisp Pacific Northwest fall weather and will soon drive to Southern Cal to visit friends. I certainly wish I could be there for Don Russell’s induction ceremony. He means a lot to all of us who were lucky enough to have had him for a coach and mentor. We will never forget his kindness and patience!”

Bob Block writes, “After retiring in 2011 following 36 years with the department of pediatrics at the University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine, I am now an emeritus professor and chair. I served the American Academy of Pediatrics as president-elect, president, and past president between 2010 and 2013. Since then, I have been spending more time with my wife, Sharon, and my woodcarving hobby. We are enjoying our three grandchildren who live nearby.”

Bruce Patterson writes, “I’m semi-retired. My wife, Martha, who is fully retired, and I bought a condo south of Sarasota last year after the horrible February 2015 in the northeast. We spent five months there last winter and had a ball. Just about every night we walked to Casey Key Beach to watch the sunset. Fabulous! While home in Stamford, Conn., I still do marine surveys, and am now doing one for the Darien Police Department. Both our kids now live in Stamford, so we’re very lucky. Our son works for a hedge fund in Old Greenwich and our daughter is a buyer for T.J. Maxx.”

PHILIP L. ROCKWELL | prockwell@wesleyan.edu