Dennis Marron “is alive and well in Madison, Conn., with wife of 43 years, Jo-Ann, enjoying time with daughter Dana, her husband Peter, and their children, Carter and Nolan, both Wes material. I saw Jack Ingraham in Tulsa. My best to everyone.”

Tony Mohr and “Bev spent a week in Marrakesh, then Lyon for the wedding of a close friend met 43 years ago in Red Square. Reception was a seven-course meal in a two-star restaurant. I still try cases and churn out personal essays for publication.”

Roy Willits “retired from programming and mentoring new programmers though went to Bangalore to train a few more. I needed luck, good health, and patience. Programmers in India, managers in New Jersey, and account managers in Costa Rica—an absurd business model. I want to create some furniture or wood sculpture.”

Steve Knox “was in George Creeger’s freshman English class with Ed Sanders. Terrific experience. I will practice law four more years. It’s fun and exhausting to collect grandchildren. Take care.”

Jeff Wanshel “teaches playwriting at Manhattanville College. Ara Fitzgerald MALS ’00 is my boss. Wife Edi Giguere is a realtor for Douglas Elliman in Scarsdale. I saw Katy Butler ’71 as she book-toured her marvelous Knocking on Heaven’s Door. I see Basil Comnas, when he’s back from Afghanistan, in NYC, as well as Peter Cunningham. I have a new play and novel ready. We’ll see.”

Lynn Kozlowski “returned to being a professor of community health and behavior at SUNY/Buffalo. I still aspire to have some scholarly irons in the fire. George Creeger told me, ‘Just think of the Ph.D. as a union card’.”

John Mihalec “saw the red highlight in the last issue and decided to let someone else have the fun.”

Bill Schroder’s “blog, yourinnerrhino.com, is small but mighty. I enjoy the whole process greatly. Elias and I are in good health, and I go to the gym almost daily. Who’d believe it? Not even me.”

Fred Coleman reports “Life is varied. Just hiked a week on the Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu, a graduation present to my youngest daughter. Then I met with the ambassador from Laos about a UW Global Health project in his county. It’s not the destination, but the joy of the journey.”

Pam and Rick McGauley “visited kids and grandkids in Austin, and Portland, Maine. When the tourists arrive on Cape Cod June 1st, we stay put for three months. Pam has her flower gardens, I go with veggies.”

Pete Pfeiffer says, “More of the same here on the northern frontier. Milt Christenson is back from a year of camping and painting his way around North America. He is one intrepid traveler and a state treasure. I’m planting hundreds of oaks on my place, trying to leave something for future generations.”

Russ Helgren “had lunch and a short visit with Eclectic brother Bernie Freamon—catching up on old stories.”

Charley Ferrucci is “three years into retirement. Mary and I have a home in Farmington, Conn., and a cabin in Newark, Vt. Wayne Slitt drags me to hockey games. We’re traveling to Melbourne with son Ted’s musical group. Two weeks with 70 of his high school students should be memorable.”

Doug Bell “has the first hemp growing and processing business fully approved by the Uruguayan Ministry of Agriculture.”

John Bach “was interviewed by Democracy Now about friend Daniel Berrigan. Growing old ain’t for sissies, but still beats the alternative. I hold all classmates in the Light, as Quakers are wont to say.”

Mark O. Hodgson “had breakfast with John. His wife, like mine, has cancer. I enjoyed the reunion with a great person after so many years of divergent experiences. Our generation is getting to that age of ‘organ recitals’ we hated with our parents. We have to trust the medical/industrial complex, knowing it screws up and its treatment involves a component devoid of conscience yet is often effective.”

Tom Earle “still teaches at Punahou in Honolulu. I bought a house for investment and will renovate it. I enjoy carpentry and have built three houses. Now I work smarter, not harder, and use air compressors, nail guns, and impact drivers.”

Don Jennings “has visited Old Saybrook, helping a sister and doing garden work on his Knollwood Beach house. I still live in Sudbury, contemplating a less-work situation. Anita and Bob Dombroski moved successfully from Monroe to Traverse City, Mich.”

Rameshwar Das wrote, “Kate Rabinowitz ’83 and I have sponsored yoga, nutrition, meditation, photography, and poetry programs in honor of our late daughter. Check annalyttonfoundation.org. Most held at her Springs School. Kate teaches therapeutic yoga. I work on a book and lead meditation retreats with Ram Dass and in Amagansett. Warm wishes to all.”

Alex Knopp “has completed 10 years of teaching at Yale Law School Clinic, and four years of working for the NAACP Legal Defense Fund as plaintiffs’ representative for the landmark Connecticut school desegregation case, Sheff vs. O’Neill. I chair the Norwalk Public Library Board, guiding it through an expansion and modernization process. The Board of Common Cause of Connecticut engages me on campaign finance reform. Wife Bette retired in June from teaching 8th grade and is halfway finished with her fantasy novel of time travel for senior citizens.”

Darius Brubeck and his wife “moved into the former home of Henry James in Rye, UK. My quartet released Years Ago and plan a fall Canadian tour. Granddaughter Lydia Elmer ’17 is back from a semester in Madrid. Best wishes to all.”

Barry Turnrose “retired last August from 38 years at the CSC. The work world quickly faded into irrelevance. Cutting roses is more important. Kate and I now live in Gilbert, Ariz. Son Erik and family are nearby. Daughter Heather and family will join us when the time is right. I speak regularly with roommate Harry Nothacker and would love to hear from Dave Farrar, Ron Reisner, and John Wasserman. Does Darius remember squash partnering freshman year? Cheers to all.”

From Ron Reisner: The annual basketball golf outing on June 3 at Quarry Ridge in Portland was well attended. Richard “Blade” Emerson as usual was our organizer. Jack Sitarz, Steve Knox, and Pat Dwyer and I made a fun foursome. Brian Silvestro, Bob Woods, Blade, and Andy Gregor were in another group, along with Frank Waters, who sold his insurance agency and retired from coaching girls varsity high school basketball so he can now spend as much time as he wants pursuing his real dream of being a full-time golf “shark.”

At the dinner, Coach Reilly thanked all us “old-timers” for attending. It is hard for all of us to realize that Wesleyan is now more than 40 years in the past for all of us. A great time was had by all and Frankie is just a phenomenal golfer and, as always, an all-around good guy. He is and always has been just a Phenom in all ball sports. Blade is just ageless and looks and acts if he got out of Wes just a few years ago. His enthusiasm for Wesleyan never runs down. The Wes spirit was alive and fun for a great day for Wesleyan athletics.

Always love,

CHARLIE FARROW | charlesfarrow@comcast.net

11 Coulter Street, #16, Old Saybrook, CT 06475