Charlie Ingrao asks where Wes fits into the world of gender-bending politics. “Do grads think about the University/Argus controversy? After four decades at Purdue, I lecture for the Smithsonian in DC and on their cruise and study tours. No exams/papers, mature audiences only.”

Bill Sketchley finds a TED.com JP Mari piece a “personal, riveting description of PTSD, the most powerful presentation on any subject I’ve heard in recent memory.”

Bob Watson “maintains a psychotherapy practice, leads groups at Columbia Day Treatments, and teaches. I’m speaking in Reykjavik, and Jane still has her practice. Son Mark rents houses/apartments in Cartagena. Daughter Joanna is completing her Ph.D. in clinical psychology.”

Darius Brubeck’s “granddaughter Lydia ’17 will soon be a Wes senior. Life in London is most agreeable, and my career is successful, thanks to my wife’s management. We completed a spring US tour, including Lincoln Center. Summer will be on the road in England.”

Susan and Mike Fink “develop affordable townhomes, running around like one-armed paper hangers. Oldest daughter has her own apartment as she advances at a marketing/printing company. Jenni’s novel, Sentenced to Life, is selling well. The kids spread their wings, as they should.”

Paul Dickman practices “pediatric pathology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital but takes off every other Friday to bike, play alto sax, and clean closets and garage. Fran and I visited Naples and Sicily to see Greek and Roman archaeology. We celebrated 50th high school reunions and look forward to something at Vassar. We and our parrots are well.”

Tom Earle “teaches English at the Punahou School in Honolulu. I enjoy it thoroughly and will continue to age 72. Genetics are on my side—my mother is a competent 98. Why rush the next stage of life? Maj and I are grandparents of two. Aloha.

Frank Putnam writes, “Karen and I are semi-retired, living in the Virginia Blue Ridge. I’m a psychiatry professor at UNC and professor emeritus of pediatrics at U of Cincinnati. A recent Obama budget credited my work as justification for increased funding for child abuse services. The manuscript for my third book, about states of mind in identity, behavior, and potential for change, is at the publisher. I would love to hear from classmates.”

Rameshwar Das and wife Kate Rabinowitz ’83 “direct the Anna Mirabel Lytton Foundation in our late daughter’s name, teaching yoga, meditation, and the arts in the Easthampton, N.Y., schools. I work with Ram Dass, writing and organizing retreats on Maui. We see Jeff Wanshel and his wife. He teaches playwriting as an adjunct at SUNY Purchase. Job Potter ’72 and I meet for meditation weekly.”

Phil Wallas “does the opposite of how a coral reef grows. Each week I get rid of another barrelful of stuff, a slow, incremental deconstruction of a life. Do we keep the old-fashioned mouse traps inherited with the house?”

John Wilson works “at Karma Automotive in Costa Mesa, Calif. Everyone is in good health.”

Rob Pratt “helps nonprofit Top-to-Top, whose climate and environmental mission inspires children through ocean voyages and mountain climbing. Are any classmates familiar with crowdfunding techniques for nonprofits?”

John Bach’s “beloved van, after 18 years and 250K miles, is now in the great parking lot in the sky. Would that we all could serve as well, then gracefully exit?”

Jack Burtch’s “new law firm, Burtch Law, was founded by my youngest son. I focus on executives and professionals whose careers crashed and burned. It’s strategy, not law, but helping good people is more fun and meaningful than fighting over money.”

Visakha and Ken Kawasaki “lead pilgrimages to Buddhist sacred sites in India and Nepal. Forty monks and nuns took their seventh Kandy Intensive Buddhist English course.”

Both Harry Nothacker and Doug Bell report there’s plenty on Wikipedia about John Barlow. Doug’s wife Carolyn has a new Pilates studio, and their daughter got married.

Jeff Powell “sees Rob Pratt while sailing Casco Bay. We both keep cruising boats near Portland, Maine. Before his early death, Dave Sullivan and I enjoyed time together on my boat. We were hallmates, then three-year roommates at Wes.”

John Mihalec “returns to Wes to critique student presentations at the Quantitative Analysis Center. I worked with a freshman, who arrived 50 years after us. Yeesh.”

Jay Edelberg received a DMD and an MD from UConn, “thinking I would become a facial reconstructive surgeon. After a residency in emergency medicine, I started at the ER of Baptist Medical Center in Jacksonville. Eight years ago I joined the Schumacher Group, providing training, establishing trauma centers, and practicing Emergency Medicine. Thirty-seven years in, I still love ER work and feel blessed to be able to continue.

“Caral and I have been married 35 years and have three children between us. Erik ’91, mine, is 45 and a chemical engineer in Portland, Ore. Michael, Caral’s, is 47, lives outside Atlanta, and is CEO of a healthcare company. Tracy, also Caral’s, is 43 and lives in Baton Rouge.

“Caral owns Edelberg Associates, specializing in Medicare coding and compliance. We finally became empty nesters and plan to travel more, now that we’re not raising Tracy’s two boys, Tyler and Josh.

“In summer we get together with all the kids and grandkids on Block Island, usually having some fall time just to ourselves. Oregon, South Carolina, Costa Rica, and Hawaii are favored destinations.

“A year ago I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a bone cancer. After chemo and a stem cell transplant, I’m in full remission. I feel great, have regained the lost weight, and am back to clinical work. Every day is a blessing and an opportunity. Life is good.”

From Steve Hansel, “Kaloriziko, may you be well-rooted in Old Saybrook.”

The condo abuts North Cove. Major downsize. We walk to every imaginable Senior service, yet the location supports wild turkeys, raptors, fox, and deer. The safari never stops. The Northeast Corridor trains whistle regularly, reminding us a larger world exists. Always love.

CHARLIE FARROW | charlesfarrow@comcast.net

11 Coulter Street, #16, Old Saybrook, CT 06475