Caroline writing this time. Not too many notes; maybe we’re still buzzing from our most excellent Reunion. I know that I had a wonderful time reconnecting with everyone!

I heard from Nancy Caciola: “I teach medieval history at the University of California, San Diego, and am about to publish my second book, Afterlives: The Return of the Dead in the Middle Ages. It will appear on Cornell University Press in spring 2016. I also am enjoying the single life after a long marriage to Richard Cohen. We finally decided to call it quits and divorced earlier this year, though we remain on good terms. I’d love to hear from any old friends.”

Tim Dyke, who started with us, but finished in ’86, had his poetry chapbook, Awkward Hugger, published by Tinfish Press. Several of us from our freshman house heard Tim read as part of the Writer’s Hotel workshop in June of 2014. In 2015 Tim returned as faculty at the Writer’s Hotel, and Amy Nash took part. Tim lives in Honolulu, where he teaches at the Punahou School.

Gabriel “Jack” Chin was recently named Martin Luther King Jr. Professor of Law at UC, Davis, School of Law. Jack also writes: “… in March the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association and I persuaded the California Supreme Court to posthumously admit Hong Yen Chang to the bar, 125 years after they denied him admission because of his race. For the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of working closely with Hope Alley ’11, who is my TA in Criminal Law, co-counsel on an appeal of a wire fraud conviction to the Ninth Circuit, and is heading to Alaska to clerk for a federal judge.”

I am sad to report that our class has suffered a loss: George Dixon passed away in September. If you would like to honor George, you may make a donation to the National Kidney Foundation.

Let’s remember to stay in touch with one another.

CAROLINE WILKINS | mbkeds@yahoo.com
MARY BETH KILKELLY | cwilkins85@yahoo.com