Ed Chalfant continues to enjoy an active retirement with bridge, reading, and directing a start-up mission out of Christ Church in Ponte Vedra, Fla. Winkie has emerged as a graceful painter in acrylics who shows her work locally and also plays bridge. They returned again to Maine this past summer to help ease the surplus lobster crisis.

Ira Sharkansky wrote the following: “More than a few indications of age, but the body keeps going with some physical activity, and other parts with the excitement that is never far from these fingers. I’ve stopped writing professionally, but the Internet provides an outlet for my blog, and my use of it to help me understand. There’s a small audience, and I’ve acquired a number of Internet friends. For a look at my Window on Israel, see jpost.com/Blogger/Ira-Sharkansky.”

Bob Williams wrote the following: “Ann and I welcomed our first granddaughter, Amelia Michael Enos, in June. Sad news was the death of my stepbrother, John Vinton ’63, in July. Still having lots of good conversations with Marilyn and Mickey Levine and hoping to cheer on the Cardinals at Bowdoin around Halloween. I am singing with our Highlands Chorale and trying to get a quartet together that can compare with the incomparable Reunionaires. Two weeks at our camp on Kezar Lake has centered us again.”

Bob mentioned the importance of getting centered. For me that involves hiking or contra dancing or yoga, all of which are readily available in Bellingham.

SAL RUSSO | salandjudy@hotmail.com

2700 Kentucky St., Bellingham, WA 98229