Aloha, classmates. Just a few notes for you (saving room for May 2015 reunion classes).
Heard from Peter Michaelson and he writes…”One of the wonderful characteristics of Wesleyan is that, even if one does not go on to accomplish much of note in one’s own life, there is always the opportunity for the reflected glory of one’s roommates. Such is my experience, as I lived in a suite at Lawn Ave. sophomore year with Jeffrey Richards ’69 and Charles Irving ’70. Jeffrey went on, of course, to earn recognition as a Distinguished Alumnus and the most successful Broadway producer of this millennium, having just opened his 40th hit show since 2000, and Dr. Irving is a world-renowned biochemist, currently CEO of Cell Cure Neurosciences in Israel. We all had an opportunity to have dinner recently after Jeffrey treated Charles and me and our families to house seats at the opening of his latest show, The Heidi Chronicles.

Received a handwritten note from Frank Leone. (I did not know people actual mailed handwritten notes any more!) He wrote with sad news which I will relate here in his exact words…“June 3, 2015. Dear Neil, I am saddened to report that Peter Panciera died on May 23, 2015, at his home in Hilton Head, S.C., a victim of cancer. Pete was one of the iconic athletes and arguably the best quarterback in history. ‘Pistol Pete’ or ‘High Street Pete’ as the Argus called him in a tribute to ‘Broadway Joe’ Namath, set numerous passing records and quarterbacked the University’s last undefeated football team in 1969.
“More importantly, he was a devoted father and a husband who is survived by his son, Gregory, his loving wife of 29 years, Barbara, and her children, David and Suzanne.
“He was a great friend who obviously will be truly missed…

“I hope to see you and many others at the 2016 Reunion. Best regards, Frank”

Leo Au writes…”Hope that this finds you well. I don’t have any significant news for you at this time. Melina and I continue to enjoy our retirement in southwest Florida and being grandparents to two adorable kids who live relatively far away in Sunnyvale, Calif. Looking forward to seeing you at our 45th Reunion next May. Go Wes!”

Briefly my eldest son, Anderson, who lives in San Jose, Calif., had a son born four hours before my birthday. He is, of course, the most adorable and cutest baby on earth. They named him Cooper James. I decided to have him call me “Puna” short for “Punahele” (Look it up, it’s Hawaiian and it does not mean grandfather!), which I think is appropriate since he will want to visit me often in Hawaii.

So the bottom line it seems from all notes I received this time is…plan your trip to Reunion 2016!

See you there. Aloha!