Guillermo Prada-Silva wrote, “Norma and I went to Italy on a pilgrimage with a priest and church members from Holy Spirit Church in San Jose. Attended a general audience in St. Peter’s Square and stood within 20 feet of the Pope. Visited the Amalfi Coast and hiked Cinque Terra before returning.”

Tom Goodman posted several new portfolios on his website. One is a series of images based on letters written by his parents to each other. “I recommend the mysteries and other stories written by Bruce Hartman.”

Phil Wallas said, “George Creeger had a huge influence on me, a major part of why I became an English major. I remember an evening at his barn, drinking imported beer, and listening to opera. Just spent a month in New Zealand. Hiked, met locals, enjoyed long views from mountains, lakes, and shores. Hope to hold on to that perspective as normal life returns.

Tony Mohr’s essay “The Angry Red Planet” is in Mojo and his essay “Rainy Day Schedule” in DIAGRAM.

Harry Nothacker “had dinner with Silas Wild, a Navy roommate, who had been hiking in Mallorca and skiing in Austria. When Amby Burfoot ’68 won the Boston Marathon in 1968, Silas also ran and finished respectably. Son Keith had his Breathalyzer App approved for the Apple watch. He started his alcohol measuring devices company, BACTrack, as a student at Penn.”

Fred Coleman wrote, “Great year. First grandchild, Charlie. Went to Cambodia as part of our work with Khmer refugees. Visited schools we helped start. Will take part in the Parliament of World Religions this fall. Wendy and I are still working and love it. Favorite hiking areas—Adirondacks, Rockies, and Tucson range.”

Rob Pratt is “semi-retired, no longer CEO of GreenerU, which helps higher education facilities with energy efficiency. Vicki and I sail more in Maine, and I love not going into the office. Still GU chairman, overseeing International Institute for Energy Conservation, which I founded in 1984. The IIEC is based in Bangkok and works on energy efficiency policy, mainly in Asia. Daughter Eliza teaches an ESL kindergarten class in Somerville, Mass. We’re happy to see her regularly. Vicki’s not sure how ‘semi’ my retirement is. Maybe this is the ‘new retirement.’”

David Siegel wrote, “After over 40 years as a practicing physician, I can say with great confidence that the U.S. health care system is a mess: inequitable, uneven in quality, and ruinously expensive. Now that our class is enjoying the benefits of Medicare, join me in supporting a U.S. single-payer health care system—Medicare for all. I’m working with Physicians for a National Health Program. There is lots of work to do to change things for the better.”

From Doug Bell: “Still farming in Uruguay. European connections developing. I love being engaged in the conversation about feeding the planet. I work in agriculture, livestock, and forestry management for those desiring an investment program in South America.”

Paul Melrose lives in Madison, Wisc., sees Fred Coleman and the Rev. Charlie Berthoud ’86.

Steve Mathews said, “Susie and I have lived in Nashville over 40 years. This state capital is a destination city. High-tech, major healthcare, 30-plus colleges and universities, world-renowned music. My immediate crusade is to awaken employees to the looming ‘Senior Tsunami.’ Forty percent of today’s households care for a senior or disabled family member. Business owners can’t ignore this reality. Best wishes to my classmates.”

Happy Father’s Day from rainy Hadlyme. Every leaf turns up in supplication. In the past month I spent a week in South Carolina with Liz, Josh, Abby, and Benton, a weekend in NYC with Annie and Jeff at a family wedding, and just back from four days with Deb’s older brother and his son and fiancé. Family Month more like it. Family and farm are my life now—painting, reading, cooking, cleaning. My love to you all.