Hi, Wes ’93ers. We have some exciting news in these class notes: a wedding, a few career updates, and some mini-Wes reunions. Please keep the good news coming in!

Jacob Bricca writes: “My family and I have moved to Tucson, Ariz., where I have taken a job as assistant professor in the School of Theatre, Film and Television. I specialize in teaching editing classes and also teach documentary and narrative production. My feature documentary Tatanka has been screening around the country at film festivals and will be released on DVD and download early next year.”

Abigail Lorber Clarkson e-mails: “My family and I moved to Austin, Texas, this summer. Our daughter, Louisa, has become friends with Jessica and Paul D’Arcy’s oldest daughter, Maya, and goes to the same school as John Wallingford’s ’92 children. I am working at St. David’s Foundation as an executive assistant and database administrator in the grants department, and my husband is studying for his master’s in divinity.”

Chris Cowan provides this update: “In late 2012, I moved my research lab (integrative neurobiology laboratory) to the Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital (Belmont, Mass.). We are currently studying brain mechanisms associated with neurodevelopmental disorders, like autism, and neuropsychiatric disorders, like drug addiction.”

Bobby Donaldson writes: “Recently completed nine years of service on the Wesleyan Board of Trustees. Currently I serve as a professor of history and the faculty principal of a residential college at the University of South Carolina. I thoroughly enjoy living (along with my family) in the heart of our campus in a community of 230 undergraduates. Not quite Foss Hill and Butterfield! I continue to be involved in a number of public history and documentary projects related to education, civil rights and youth activism, which have been featured in national publications and C-SPAN. My wife, Elise, and I have two children, Ruby (8) and Joseph (3)—who just began (today) school in a public Montessori program in our city.”

Clay Dreslough (née Dresser) e-mails: “My wife (Dee) and I finally bought the farm. It is 17 acres in Ashford, Conn. (about halfway between Middletown and Boston), and currently boasts one dog, two steer, eight cats, and about 30 chickens. We also successfully launched a pro football card game on Kickstarter earlier this year. It’s called Masters of the Gridiron and can be found at motg.net. I am continuing to earn a living from computer baseball simulations—a job that has required me to spend about three months in South Korea over the last two years. I still can’t speak the language, but I do hook up with the local Ultimate (Frisbee) players whenever I’m there.”

Julie Francis writes: “I treated myself and my family to a month-long sabbatical in December. My husband, Fred Evenson, daughters Bella (11) and Simone (8) and I island-hopped from Langkawi, Malaysia, through Southern Thailand. The girls wanted to spend most of their time snorkeling, which was fine with us. While they didn’t discover a deep love for green curry, they did develop a deeper understanding of world religions and culture and developed a strong desire for more travel and adventure—mission accomplished! One of the highlights was following a sea snake through the Andaman Sea (not bad for a mom with a phobia) and camping in a floating tent cabin in a lake in the jungle, surrounded by calling gibbons. I found the month off (100 percent unplugged from e-mail!) completely rejuvenating on the work front. My consulting practice (BellaVia Research, user experience research), is thriving and I’m blessed with clients I love working with. I came home from the sabbatical determined to find more work-life balance, and am doing okay with that (I’d give myself a C, or maybe a B-). As part of my quest for more work-life balance, I’ve started start cycling again. In May I did the 50-mile ‘tour d’ cure’ bike ride for the American Diabetes Association through Napa. I’ve started training for the AIDS Lifecycle ride in June 2015, 545 miles from San Francisco to LA. Erin Kelly ’91 intends to fly out from NYC to ride and camp with me! (Yes, we’re beginning to beg for money—let us know if you want to support two awesome moms who cycle!) I saw Erinand Elizabeth Meister ’92 recently in NYC, where we walked the High Line, devoured soul food, and pondered how it’s possible that we’re in our mid-40s. I also visited Kristin Connor ’94 and her adorable almost-2-year-old Robin and husband Mark; Kristin is living in Madison, Wis., with a thriving acupuncture practice.”

Camille McGadney writes: “We will be moving to Waterville, Maine. Andy ’92 has accepted a position as vice president and secretary of the college at Colby College.”

Jason Rekate provides this update: “My family and I relocated in August from Shanghai to Hong Kong for my job with Citi. My wife, Anna, is teaching at Hong Kong International School where my daughters, Emma (12) and Lizzy (10), are students. We’ve been overseas since 2006 and this is our fourth move.”

Matthew Schneider married Jean Gilmore Devine in Brooklyn, N.Y., on Sept. 13, 2014. In attendance were alumni, including Jon Chesto, Sue Walker Chesto, Arthur Magni, Anne Noel Occhialino ’94, and Jessica Kirshner.

Lisa O’Donoghue-Lindy is writing a blog about inspirational women making career transitions, career2.oblog.net. Lisa would love to hear from Wes grads.

Thanks for sending this wonderful news, and please keep updating us on your careers, families, and post-Wes lives.

SUZANNA HENSHON | suzannahenshon@yahoo.com 

SARAH ESTOW | sarah_estow@hotmail.com

Intern at the Wesleyan Office of Communications for Spring and Summer 2015. Currently working towards meeting the requirements for an Economics and Government dual major. A Wesleyan Posse Veteran.